Replicas


I’m quite pleased with how this has worked out. On the left are the buttons I use on my knitting needles with the shank cut off, though I can’t get these anywhere anymore! So what I did was create a mould from the buttons with silicone. I used gelcoat for the brown middle first so that it didn’t run everywhere, then the next morning topped it up with yellow resin and ta da!

Advertisements

3 Comments

  1. Posted August 6, 2009 at 9:34 am | Permalink | Reply

    Super clever and super cute!

  2. Posted August 6, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink | Reply

    I can’t tell the difference, that is really clever! I love this resin malarky… when I’ve got some spare pennies (no pun intended!) I’m definitely getting your book and some moulds. 🙂

  3. Posted August 8, 2009 at 7:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

    wow that is great! there is no difference, fantastic!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: