I had a bit of a scare today. Fletcher managed to eat two boxes of chocolates (about 400g) whilst I was out at the post office today, including a box of Thorntons! I rang the vets and they told me to bring him down immediately. I nearly cried as the nurse took him away from me. I was there an hour as they gave him an injection to force him to vomit. Apparently it’s the most chocolate they’ve ever seen a dog throw up, and if I’d left it he could have been dead from organ failure by now.
He was a complete vegetable when he got home, pretty much too weak to move. He laid on the rug in the living room and slept it off for a bit and then had scrambled eggs and rice for tea.
He’s pretty much back to normal now thankfully….