Tag Archives: steampunk

Make 50 Week 18 and 19 and a small request

I’ve kind of made two things this week, so I’ve decided to catch up as I think I fell behind a little while back. This bangle has vintage sewing pattern inside and reclaimed buttons and was made for vInTaGe VioLeT, who has been providing me with little tags to label my jewellery up.

I also made a ring with watch parts inside using a ring blank from http://www.dichro-findings.co.uk – they have loads of great things to choose from, so I think I will be paying another visit. Now I just need to name the ring so I can list it on Etsy and Folksy!

 

I went to Breedon Priory today again and picked up some awesome saucers with orange trees on them (not pictured), I plan to put these on the wall. I also got this exercise book, the pages are dated 1911. I got it because I really liked the drawings inside, and how the images of animals were drawn to support a mathematical exercise (pig pen size).

 

I also went to Staunton Harold and picked up some scrap fabrics from the quilting shop. I love scraps, because even tiny pieces can be made into jewellery, and the small parts make you appreciate the bigger pattern. This is where my request comes in! I would love to buy or trade for any fabric scraps you have with small designs on, so please get in touch if you can help! kerry (at) penny-dog.co.uk

Make 50: Week 12

I’ve been a bit quiet on here recently, mainly because I have had orders for shops and Handm@de Cambridge this weekend, but hopefully I am back on track! Once I figure out how to take pictures off my mobile phone I will show you the little jewellery display I have in Lilliecup Green 🙂

I made a few things last week, including some new stacker pendants that I have listed on my website, but I also got my delivery of watch parts and had to use some right away, so here is a little ring I made!

Blogumentary: Cody’s Steampunk Earplugs Part 4

Finished! I sanded them down with wet and dry, then sprayed with acrylic. Will be posted tomorrow.

 

Blogumentary: Cody’s Steampunk Earplugs Part 3

The plugs have now been cast, here’s how I did it…

Mixed resin and poured into mould, filling it 3/4 full. Left to set.

Sprinkled watch parts on surface of cured resin.

Topped up with catalysed resin to top of mould and left to cure again.

Demoulded.

Make 50: Week 2

Here’s my 2nd item towards the Make 50 challenge! A custom order for Laura from http://www.glueandglitter.co.uk/

It was cast from an existing cuff that was made smaller with milliput and has inside pieces of a UK map, stamps and watch parts!

Blogumentary: Cody’s Steampunk Earplugs Part 2 and a few other things…

Today I got on with the business of making the mould for the resin pugs I am making for Cody…

I superglued the model into the lid of a little tub to stop it from falling over…

I mixed the silicone in the main part of the pot…

I then popped the lid back on and tuned the pot upside down to allow the silicone to run around the model. The cup is for a bit of stability as the lid was slightly domed!

Also this morning before I went to work, I baked some tags for a customer. They are ready for sealing, just need to print a few more disks and her order is complete!

And on the subject of plastic tags (kind of), last night I bought the February edition of Crafts Beautiful from ASDA as my article on printed shrink plastic is in it, page 50-51! Check it out 😉

Blogumentary: Cody’s Steampunk Earplugs Part 1

Today I got another custom order on Etsy for some earplugs, after determining how they should look and the size, I made the model for the mould. It is made from a Police “Kill Your Speed” pen barrel which nicely was 1cm in diameter, and sawed it 30mm in length.

I then mixed some Milliput and filled the tube. Just waiting for it to harden and then I will gently sand the edges before making the mould.